3 March 2014

Dream-weavers A tribute to henna artists


Have I ever seen a dream emerge
Out of the air while I was awake?

On the palms of people
lines, curls, whorls nestling into each other
Opening unhurriedly

The dream-weaver casts her spell
pulling it out of her own being
the mind the body the spirit in fusion

Quiet as a spider
wise and inward-bound
one weaves with its body-silk
the other dips her finger in her soul
for silk, equally guazy-ephemeral-strong

Allowing her dreams to unfurl
onto another's palm
spelling out love, harmony, fulfillment, abundance.

2 comments:

Vidya Sury said...

That's lovely, Sunila! I adore having henna on my hands!

So - getting ready for the Theme Reveal blog post on March 21? :)

This time I am visiting from the A to Z Challenge 2014 sign up list! :-) I hope you've signed up for the Theme Reveal BlogFest! We're posting our Theme Reveal post on March 21.

Vidya Sury
Have you signed up for the A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal BlogFest? – Sign Up Now #atozchallenge #atozreveal

Sunila said...

Thanks Vidya :) Yes I,m waiting for march 21st and am signed up for it tks.